Thursday, March 23, 2006

I feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo....or my favorite, sing it with me, "where in the world is Carmen San Diego?" Today, folks, I'm in Sacramento. After I flew into LA, I drove to Pasadena...had a lovely event at a local elementary school and then promptly drove (a good rental car this time in LA - red mustang!) to the Burbank airport for my flight to Sacramento...also called SacCity (that one was for you Kitch). Now I have a burnt orange little car (no idea what it is)....I feel like it was a good luck charm for UT playing bball tonight in Atlanta. We'll see...

Sacramento is really nice! It's very green...lots of wild flowers and a lovely Sheraton Downtown hotel. I've gotten to know my fair share of Starwood Properties this month.

  • Pasadena Sheraton - Nice bed, but they put me next to the elevator....ding, ding, all night long. And I think the room must have been an old closet, odd shape. Stayed there a year ago and had a similar experience. The front desk woman ignored me twice before I walked away and came back later. And get this, the cleaning people came into my room 3 times without me having a chance to say ok...they knock while opening the door. Something good: they had HBO, not many hotels have it!
  • Nashville Sheraton - ok, needs update. But has these cool indoor glass elevators. Reminded me of the hotel in the Arboretum in Austin.
  • Birmingham Sheraton - smells bad. Again, good bed (almost all have been updated with the sweet sleeper), but shitty hotel. Odd layout too. But they had a Subway sandwich shop downstairs so that was nice.
  • San Diego W Hotel - one of the best out there! Stay there, let them pamper you. Experience this lovely hotel, I sure have....been there 3 times now.
  • Sacramento Sheraton - so far so good. Nice staff. Nice and quiet room.
  • D.C. Westin - nice hotel. Starbucks located in the lobby (a huge plus), but it wasnt open that often (a minus).
  • San Antonio Westin - nice hotel, but dont stay there during the TMEA conference...too many kids = loud nights. But there's a starbucks on the riverwalk level, so that helped. Oh and this hotel is the only hotel I've been to this year with VH1.

I gotta get some beauty rest - I'm going to be on Good Day Sacramento tomorrow morning. Good times.

3 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, a whole blog entry dedicated to hotel stays...KB, it's time to go home...h-o-m-e...

Actually, we'll get a big-as-yo-face burrito in you this weekend, and you'll be all ready to go....

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Matt said...

What, the hotels in Chicago during Midwest don't get any props? ;)

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gross. Why did you have to go and say "sac"? That's just wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home